Images

Growing Peppers From Store Bought Bell Peppers

I have done this once before a couple of years ago and ended up with the smallest ugliest bell peppers ever. You couldn't even chop them up for salad. I was chopping up a store bought bell pepper a couple of weeks ago for some dish and there was an abundance of seeds, so I planted a 6 pack worth and 5 out of the 6 germinated. So here I go again. The question is, has anyone had luck growing peppers from the seeds of a pepper bought in a grocery store?

Images
    I havent tried that Dan. Be interesting to see if you get the same results. My bet is you grow a few nice monsters

Images
    Ray, from what I have heard the peppers are probably hybrids so chances are I won't grow the same pepper but I have gotten fairly good results with onions and soft neck garlic. I did get very good results from seeds I saved from an acorn squash I bought at a farmers' market held during the Summer NOFA Conference which they no longer have. I will be checking out the Coventry Farmers' Market later this summer for varieties of vegetables I would like to grow next year and will save myself a year of acclimation.